The Manley ELOP is a tracking staple for the studio. Its quick grab tames vocals while the gentle slow release characteristic keeps it natural like a hand on a fader. Unique for this type of limiter, high frequency extension is retained even when digging deep. Built rugged and reliable, the Manley ELOP is often seen FOH on the superstar’s lead vocal at concerts all over the world.
Features & Specifications
- ALL-TUBE audio path 12AU7WA + 6414 per ch.
- Unbalanced 1/4″ Inputs And Outputs and…
- Balanced Transformer Coupled XLR Inputs And Outputs
- Hi-current drive <50 Ohm 1/4″ & XLR outputs
- Silent conductive plastic INPUT attenuators
- Max. GAIN REDUCTION 22dB
- ATTACK time: 10mS for 6dB GR
- RELEASE: 2.5 Seconds for 6dB GR
- Maximum Input (Bypass through Line Amplifier) +30 dBv (with Limit “IN” the maximum is entirely variable)
- Maximum Output +30 dBv
- Headroom (referenced to +4 dBv) 26 dB
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 70 kHz ±0.5 dB
- BYPASS switches and AUTOMUTE w/warmup delay
- Large ILLUMINATED Sifam VU METERS (older units before serial number MELOPB716 shipped before 6/2003 use: 26V 1.2W FESTOON LAMPS; Manley’s Part Number: VAR016B) Order spare bulbs using our parts order form. (newest units after serial number MELOPB716 shipped after 6/2003 use yellow LED lighting)
- Meters switch to read OUTPUT or REDUCTION
- STEREO LINK
- Side-Chain High-Pass Filter 100Hz or 200Hz
- THD & Noise (1kHz @ +4 dBm): .015%
- Noise Floor (Gain set to minimum): -80 dB Wideband
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 126 dB typical
- Maximum gain: 15 dB
- Power consumption: 40 watts
- Operating mains voltage: Units are purpose built for original destination country’s mains voltage: 100V, 120V, or 220-240VAC as indicated on the serial number badge. Power transformer must be replaced in order to change mains operating voltage. 120VAC units may NOT be rewired to put the primaries of the power transformer in series for 220-240V operation or a large radiated field of hum will develop. If changing locations/voltages, the power transformer must be replaced with the dedicated one for the voltage at which it will operate.
- Mains Voltage Frequency: 50~ 60Hz
- Dimensions: 19″ x 3 1/2″ x 10″ (occupies 2u)
- Shipping weight: 16 lbs.